Embroidery Production Assistant
This part-time position will be responsible for processing production orders to our customers’ satisfaction and to our company’s standards. The right candidate will be highly organized, have solid communications skills and technical / mechanical competency, be detail-focused, and possess a willingness to learn and grow with our business. Prior experience working with apparel, embroidery machines, heat presses, and in order and inventory management is preferred, though we are willing to train the right person. Ability to identify practical opportunities to enhance organizational performance (effectiveness, efficiency, productivity, and profitability) and advance organizational goals is a definite plus!
- Prioritize and maintain production of customer orders according to delivery deadlines.
- Process all embroidery orders: set up designs; select and load correct supplies; input data / parameters into the embroidery machines; monitor, assess, and correct any defects or errors in designs by making suitable changes to configurations; perform finishing tasks on embroidered products.
- Operate a heat press machine to place emblems/logos on products.
- Iron and fold items as needed to complete orders.
- Verify finished production orders against invoices to ensure order completeness.
- Prepare completed orders for delivery / shipping.
- Ensure that the production area and all machinery are kept clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Track and control supplies inventory and connect inventory to orders.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Mathematical skills competency - converting fractions, orienting products by degrees, and calculating order / inventory quantities.
- Technical / mechanical competency - inclination, tendency, and/or aptitude to readily learn and effectively use technology/machinery to support or improve efficiency of a task; aptitude and/or prior experience operating and/or supervising mechanical equipment and replenishing materials as required; ability to visually inspect results and run production equipment; inclination and ability to maintain cleanliness of equipment to ensure good working order.
- Ability to set realistic and achievable goals / deadlines and understand the steps needed in order to achieve them while also managing time and resources appropriately.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to physically move about the production area.
- Manual dexterity for keying in data, changing out machine supplies, folding items, etc.
- Ability to comfortably lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to productively work alone for some periods of time.
- Ability to give full attention to each task and to what other people are saying.
- Ability to use logic and reason to proactively identify issues and provide practical solutions.
- Ability to readily modify, respond to, and integrate change with minimal personal resistance.
- Ability to monitor and assess performance of yourself, others, and our organization for making improvements.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the above position, submit your cover letter and your resume here.